Monday 21 December 2015

Peaches & Cream Makeup - Peaches Pigments ♡

If you have read my last post about The Clothes Show (click HERE and have a read!), I mentioned Peaches & Cream - renowned for their lashes, primers, pigments and now face compacts. By far my favourite set of items from the event, these pigments really are as sweet as peaches and cream!

The simple but cute pink product packaging.
After countless disasters with various BareMinerals eye pigments (*cough* Whisper *cough* Twig), the thought of applying something that can make as much as mess as an amazing look seemed undesirable. Then came Peaches & Cream, a Liverpool based boutique splashed with pink, sparkles and glitter, who could want more? I've never visited the boutique myself (problems of living in Wales!) but their mini shop at The Clothes Show stood out in a sea of shoppers.

Before purchasing, I passed the stall about 5/6 times before even looking closer at the swatches and shades, somewhat scared after my previous problems with pigments. The array of beautiful shades stood out beautifully and with having an eagle eye for gold shades, the colour 'Wow' instantly drew me in closer. With two pigments and a primer for £10 or 3 for £12.50, how could I resist not one offer, but both? Leaving their show armed with two of their large but cute bags I could not wait to get home and try them out on my eyes.

'Stella' is actually a much brighter, more glamorous silver with no grey undertones - shame on you camera flash!
As mentioned, I purchased two deals resulting in 5 pigments and an eye primer for £22.50 and chose the shades 'Fox', 'Halo', 'Nude', 'Stella' and 'Peached', as seen swatched below. These pigments can be applied wet (I use one short spray of Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray on my brush for heavier pigmentation) or normally. From my uses I think it's not necessary to wet your brush as they are so enriched with colour already! I would advise either taking extra care (using less product, you literally need a dab) or applying before your foundation as you may need to remove excess product around and underneath the eyes.

STUNNING swatches, with a small amount of product!
I found the pigments lasted almost all day without showing signs of wear and blended seamlessly. My favourites have been 'Fox' and 'Halo', especially using 'Fox' on the outer corner/V with a blend of shades from the Urban Decay Vice 4 and 'Halo' on the inner corner - centre of my eyelid. The primer is almost a dupe for Urban Decay Primer Potion - and for only £5 it stuck to the pigments and was fairly easy to apply. One shade I haven't used yet is the disco-esque 'Stella', but the stunning silver will definitely make an appearance around the holiday season and New Year's Eve!

Overall, these pigments have been something that I've been reaching for daily and getting my money's worth. The lighter shades especially create a beautiful inner corner and/or transition shade. The size of them is perfect as I know they will be used up efficiently, unlike the larger sizes of MAC Pigments. My only regret; the fact I didn't pick up more..or even the full range!



Peaches & Cream products are available to order online HERE. Check out their Christmas sets too!

Thanks for reading, make sure to follow us on Twitter @sophbethbeauty. Instagram : @bethxkate, @sophielouisaxo.

xoxo,
Soph & Beth





No comments:

Post a Comment