Friday 18 September 2015

Top Five Lip Colours For Fall / Autumn - Soph and Beth Beauty ♡

As the leaves start to fall and the colder nights begin to call, out comes the jumpers and boots. Autumn is here and what is Autumn without a good lipstick?

Autumn (or Fall) is the prime time for bolder lip colours along with the warming tones of orange, brown and mustard as we walk through the falling autumn leaves. 

The AW15 season will bring us many launches within the beauty industry, including the MAC MACnificent Me Fall 2015 Collection and Clinique Pink with a Purpose Cheek Pop Blush, along with cooler nights and cups of cocoa. Over the past year I've been enjoying experimenting more with lip products and Autumn is the perfect time to try something even better and bolder.

As both my 15th Birthday and trip to New York are coming up, I will probably do an updated version of this with any new products I pick up and anything from an AW15 collection. For now, here are my top five lip colours for Autumn!



5. Buxom Plumping Lip Colour in 'Eva' 
This is the only lip gloss from my top five, but is still beautiful! Unfortunately Buxom products are not available in-store in the UK anymore as the whole range is brilliant, with my other favourites including 'Lana' and 'Bambi'. This would be the perfect choice for someone who doesn't want to be too adventurous with their lip colour but still wants a darker hint. On the lips, it gives a warm, sheer glow but still has a rich colour with lengthy wear time. My only negative about this product is the fact that it has a sweet, syrup/caramel scent to it which can become a bit overpowering after time. All in all, I do love this shade as it compliments most skin tones and has a lovely, smooth texture to it without too much sparkle..well done Buxom!

4. MAC Lipstick in 'Rebel' (£15.50, MAC Cosmetics)
MAC Lipsticks are iconic, and they always will be! Every beauty-loving girl aspires to own a collection of these gems, they are just so versatile and all-around amazing. When applied correctly, 'Rebel' gives a strong, daring plum colour that looks perfect with any Autumn outfit. When I picked it up in December, I admit that I was scared to try it, but I have grown to love it and now use it even more! I recommend to use it with a lip liner; try Collection Lip Definer in Damson..a matching liner for a budget price!

3. MAC Lipstick in 'Twig' (£15.50, MAC Cosmetics)
'Twig' is a long-awaited addition to my flourishing makeup collection and by far, one of my favourites! Nude lip colours are my favourites, the combination and hints of pinks and browns create such a lovely colour. Like any MAC Lipstick, 'Twig' has a long-lasting formula to last throughout the day along with the creamy texture. This one creates more of a matte effect that 'Rebel', and goes with every look! I think it especially works well when you have heavier eyemakeup, as this colour won't draw the eye away from the masterpiece across your lids.

2. Ted Baker Lip Crayon in 'Plum'
I received this in a Ted Baker gift set for Christmas 2014..and I was pleasantly surprised! The colour does match the simple name, a deep, rich plum shade (similar to Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution in 'Glastonberry'). This shade screams Autumn, along with the wonderful, smooth, sleek texture unlike any product I own. It is so easy to apply and with the correct base and amount of product used, it does last a good few hours. Unfortunately this is not sold individually, but has popped up in various gift sets over the years. 

1. Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in 'Velvet Beige 630 ' (£6.99, Boots)
Maybelline, you have done an amazing job! Usually I don't tend to purchase drugstore lip products, but this was on offer at the time and I couldn't resist. The texture is so moisturising unlike my MAC lipsticks and can easily be applied without a lipbalm or lip primer. The application is so quick and easy, a makeup beginner could master applyling lipstick within minutes. The shade is a darker nude, just slightly darker than 'Twig'. It has a bit more shimmer but overall creates a beautiful colour for Autumn. At a budget price suitable for anyone and everyone this lipstick is definitely worth adding to your beauty stash.



Thanks for reading! Make sure to follow us on Instagram @sophielouisaxo and @bethxkate
xoxo, 
Soph and Beth






No comments:

Post a Comment